The Ivory Secret bridal boutique – COVID-19 Policy
Please take the time to read our COVID-19 Policy before booking an appointment with us, and refer back to it before attending our boutique as we have set out these guidelines to ensure the safety and happiness of our brides and staff. Upon booking your appointment you will be required to acknowledge your complete understanding of and agreement to abide by this Policy.
Starting 15th June 2020: Initial bridal appointments, and follow up bridal appointments
About your appointment:
- We will be operating on an appointment-only basis.
- We are only holding try-on appointments and collection of dresses at the boutique. If a final fitting is needed prior to collection then this will be discussed with each individual bride and will vary depending on circumstances and requirements.
- Appointment times at the boutique will be reduced to 1 hour, to allow time for cleaning in between and mimimise prolonged contact. But there will be an additional 30 minute telephone/ virtual call ahead of your boutique appointment.
- For the above reason, we ask that you kindly arrive ON TIME, and not early as the boutique will only be ready at the start time outlined in the confirmation email and will need to end promptly.
- Each bride can bring one adult star guest. Please do not bring children, or anyone who is immunocompromised. It is helpful but not essential if your guest is prepared to assist you with dress fastenings where needed.
- Please ring the bell upon arrival and you will be welcomed into the boutique by a stylist wearing a face covering and gloves.
- You will be required to wear a face covering upon arrival and the duration of your appointment. We would ask that you bring your own however, we will have a supply if needed.
- Upon arrival, you and your guest will be required to truthfully answer the following COVID screening statements;
‘I am not exhibiting any Covid-19 symptoms, ie. Fever, dry cough or tiredness.’
‘To the best of my knowledge I have not been in contact with anyone who has symptoms or has had the virus in the last 7 days.’
- We kindly ask that you hang coats and bags and take off your shoes at the door. The door will be locked during your appointment.
- Sanitise hands upon entering and leaving. (Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the boutique) Wash hands before entering the boutique if possible.
- We will be encouraging regular hand cleaning for all.
- We will provide cotton gloves for handling dresses, however we also ask that you keep any contact with our wedding dress samples to a minimum when browsing and will pull out the dresses for you.
- Be mindful to maintain social distancing where possible, and try to keep contact with surfaces and textiles to a minimum.
- You will be advised on how to step in and out of dresses, then the stylist or your star guest (if preferred) will fasten and unfasten whilst both wearing a mask.
- Certain dresses will not be possible to try.
- You will be able to view and try veils and headpieces but unfortunately you will not be able to try shoes and jewellery at present.
- Please do not touch the shoes and accessories, we will pull out your selected items to try.
- Unfortunately we can’t offer our usual drink of choice so please bring a bottle of soft drink with you if needed. However, no food will be able to be brought into the boutique.
- All touch points will be thoroughly cleaned between appointments and any dresses tried on will be steamed before the next appointment.
- We can only take card payments as well as some BACs payments at this time, no physical cash please.
- You will be able to log in to our wifi in order to bring in another virtual guest to experience the appointment with you – please bring your own medium of choice for this.
Preparing for your appointment
- We will organise a 30 minute telephone/ virtual consultation ahead of your visit to get to know each other, select your dresses and discuss your requirements.
- We encourage you to research your designers and make sure we have the dresses/ styles you are seriously considering in order to make your visit count.
- Inform us of your provisional dress selection ahead of your appointment where possible – browse our website and social media pages, and ask questions during your initial virtual/ telephone consultation – we want you to be able to make the most out of your visit.
- Do be open to considering sample dresses as an option – immaculate dresses with no worries on ordering times, which unfortunately have been affected in some instances.
- Speak to us beforehand about what you’re looking for if you have particular features or dresses you want to try so we can be best prepared. Use your 30 min virtual/ telephone consultation for this.
- Finally if you or your guests have any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home and inform us that you need to reschedule
The advice from the government is constantly changing, therefore some adjustments to our policy are to be expected. Please be patient with us, as we are sure you can appreciate this is an unprecedented situation and we are all feeling our way at the moment, but we are working hard to give you the best experience possible within these challenging times.
Updated 4th June 2020